Welcome all to East Kingdom Crown Tournament, the event which chooses our Heirs to the Kingdom. Upon this day we will crown a new Prince and Princess to both the East Kingdom and the Crown Principality of Tir Mara!
During the tournament there will also be an Arts and Sciences display. All members of the populace are encouraged to showcase their talents. Please register with the Arts and Sciences Representative by May 1st for a display space.
After the Tournament there will be a Royal Court, followed by a fabulous feast showcasing the talented cooks of Ruantallan!
Event Fees are as follows:
Adult On board - $18.00 Off Board $10.00
Youth On Board - $16.00 Off Board $ 8.00
children under 5 - free
Family on board - $65.00 Off Board $40.00
NMS will apply to all non members over 17 years of age. (including family members)
**THE ONLY CONFIRMED RESERVATION WILL BE A PAID RESERVATION.**
Check the East Kingdom Website for more details
- Current Location:home
- Current Mood: calm
( Read more...Collapse )
We'll be finished tomorrow!
Next, I think it might be a new bathroom this spring. or a vacation, we havent decided. :) the bathroom will last longer though
- Current Location:home
- Current Mood: hopeful
Pictures are here.
It was beautiful. breath taking. Literally. At 12000 feet, it was hard to walk and catch my breath at the same time. something I've been doing for the past 40 odd years.
There was snow, as you can see in the pictures. Lot of it.
There were Elk. Pretty close too. In fact, I nearly hit one. and a wild turkey.
Different pictures will be uploaded for the monday morning perusal.
Fight Practice was a blast! I had a lot of fun and I'm going to do it again.
There were 11 people in armor, and 3 fencing. 4 or 5 of us were new, including my seige engine partner for Pennsic!!
My shield arm shoulder is sore, and my legs, but its not as bad as I thought it would be.
Now I need to gather some armor together!
1. We are in hard economic times, and events are getting more expensive, because halls and food are getting more expensive.
2. Due to halls in the city becoming more expensive, we have to venture further from the city center, thus requiring attendees to arrange for transport to events.
3. There are two factions here and the Us vs THEM mentality is permeating event attendance.
4. Events are boring. We have a tourney, we eat feast. We go home
5. The old guard is tired, and there is no new guard.
So now, how do you change this?
The invariables are cost of food and cost of halls. So we cant change hall rental fees.
here's what we can change:
1. Less dishes per course. (Not less food, just less dishes) I think the standard is 4 oz meat, 2-3 oz of veg, or is it the other way around??
2. Careful planning of the meal to allow for seasonal foods, filling foods, and a mix of non expensive and moderately priced food. (Think lentil or barley dishes with chicken or beef. No lamb, no rabbit, etc. Unless you catch it yourself [rabbit] and have it butchered by a licensed butcher. I dont think there are any wild lambs to catch :) )
3. cut out dayboard. People dont reserve, or show at the last minute, and expect the cooks to know they were coming and plan accordingly for their arrival with food from dayboard. We've been battling this for years, and people dont seem to fathom this simple concept. People can bring their own lunches, I've been doing it over a year now.
Thats how to manage costs. Now, what about the other points??
4. Change the format of events - make them more interesting. One of the best events I attended last year was the Roman event put on by a New guy who themed his event. He put a lot of thought into it.
5. Start training new people in the roles of event steward, head cook, etc.
as for the NMS - perhaps we dont advertise the smaller events in Pikestaff/Quid Nunc. That cuts down on the NMS for non members. As long as it doesnt have a court with official business, we should be okay to do this.
Any other suggestions??
- Current Location:home - still
- Current Mood: contemplative
- Current Music:Wuthering heights